Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ready, Set, Blow!

How about we celebrate a little with the Very Merry Unbirthday line! Isn't this line just funtastic?! I love it!! I went back to last year's photos of my son's 2nd birthday and imagine my surprise to find that his outfit matched perfectly! lol

One of the things I really love about these fancy page designs is that they really do the hard work for you. Just add photos, journaling and a title and you've got a page. So easy!

Here I decided to 'hang' my title with the lanterns at the top of the page. I matted it with 2 different colors, pop dotted it up and added the twine. I also hand cut the little hat out of the punch out circle and added a twine 'ball' to the top. To help the cake pop a little more I added some glossy accents on some of the dots and stripes, also to the stripes on the hat.

Last but not least the candles were super easy to make. They're both rolled from the same pp but in different directions. I used glue dots to keep them rolled and glue dots to hold the twine in the center too. (Do the twine before you roll.)

Hope you have as much fun using this line on your next birthday layout as I did! :)Ange

Moxxie Supplies:
MU-1334 I'm late
MU-1335 Party time
MU-4025 Diecuts
MU-2235 Element sticker

This post is also on the Moxxie blog here.

5 comments:

Patricia said...

Nice techniques Ange- liking how you placed your title up with the lanterns!

Heather Landry said...

Hi Ange! I popped over from Scraptastic Club to follow you and I wanted to tell you that I LOVE the bright colors on this page. The rolled candles are very, very cool! Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Nathalie said...

Totally cool page with the rolled candles being my favorites! :)

Barbara Ferguson said...

Love, love the candles! Great set of papers for the photo!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Such fun paper - great layout! I am definitely lifting the rolled candle idea!

Fairy Dust