Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Trio of baby cards

I've got a set of three baby cards to share with you today. I used the beautiful Wee Ones line from Moxxie. I really love the colors in this line and that you can do boy, girl or gender neutral all with this one line. I was in need of a girl card so I actually did two girl and one boy.


I used a simple swing card idea with two of them, where you just cut an opening in the front flap larger than the element you are going to have swinging, attach the element to some twine or ribbon and there you go. Then I added bling around my circle, washi tape on the bottom and inked the edges.


This card had the same basic build, but I moved the opening lower so I could add the border strip to the top, then I dry embossed the zigzag lines along the bottom and lightly inked them to make them pop, stamped small words around the circle opening and inked the edges.


While I was still in the mood to make cards, I whipped this up. I really wanted to use this pretty pink as a card, but I couldn't give up the sweet little sleeper on the other side of the paper. So I ended up cutting my card from the middle of the sheet so I could use the baby for something else.


 Then I decided to cut the baby and umbrella out and use them on the front of the card with this little Hello die-cut. I used the little bird that was standing on the handle of the umbrella to cover the 'My' on the die-cut. Then added some clouds and a little butterfly with some bling. All my edges are inked here also.


The fun part about using this pretty pink as a card was that the reverse side has these sweet clouds and butterflies, so the inside is just as pretty and I didn't do a thing. :)



 Supplies:
Moxxie -  pp, die-cuts Wee Ones
prima - washi tape
studio calico - hexagon mask
sei - inks
ctmh - stamps
stampin up - stamps
imaginisce - bling
stash - bling, twine, white cs
adhesives - tombow, eksuccess



1 comment:

ameliaharris99 said...

CUTE cards!! I love the bling on the cards! NOW I'm really kicking myself for not get the Imaginisce tool! :)

Fairy Dust