Monday, July 8, 2013

Our little Guy

If you are looking for the Moxxie blog hop just scroll down, it's the next post. :)

 I mixed it up a bit for today's Nuts About Sketches layout. First let me show you the sketch and then I'll explain what I did:
This is a fun sketch, but I was still working on a baby book when I decided to use it. So after looking at the sketch a little I decided that on it's side and stretched it would make a fabulous 2 page layout. And that is exactly what I did:


I just added more paper strips to widen it into a 2 page layout but kept the feel of the sketch on the left side and by running the twine as the borders across both pages. I think it turned out pretty good and this just shows you how you can take inspiration from any sketch to get the results that you want.
Here are a few close-ups of the details:


I outlined "guy" with marker to help it pop


I added the twine bow here after adhering the twine. So it's not actually tied here and it helps the bow lay a little prettier.


I know there are many people who like to stick with 2 page layouts, so hopefully this will help you see the second page in every sketch. Thanks for stopping by! :)Ange

Supplies:
Nuts About sketches - sketch #273
simple stories - pp, stickers
paper studios - kraft cs
tattered angels - glimmer mist
tombow - tape runner
stash - twine, metal embellies, brads

1 comment:

wendipooh13 said...

K that looks amazing as a 2 pgr!!!! what a great idea, turned out FAB!!

Fairy Dust